Making Changes Program
The Making Changes program has been designed specifically for offenders with a moderate to high risk of general reoffending and substance use issues.
The program has different versions for male and female offenders and runs for approximately eight months
Key treatment areas include:
- core beliefs and cognitive distortions
- emotional management
- substance use
- relationships and social functioning
- communication skills and conflict resolution
- empathy and victim awareness and
- safety and self-management planning.
An offender is assessed for suitability for this program after sentencing and an individual plan is developed.
This plan is monitored by case managers.
If an offender has any questions about the program or their plan they should contact their case manager.
- Making Changes Program