Programs for violent offenders
DCS delivers programs that address generalised violence as opposed to domestic and family violence.
- The Violence Prevention Program – a high intensity ten month program for offenders assessed as a high risk of violent reoffending.
- The Living Without Violence Program – a moderate intensity four month program for offenders assessed as being moderate-risk of violent reoffending.
These programs address a range of treatment targets including:
- substance abuse
- emotional control
- violent lifestyle
- cognitive thinking distortion
- relationship and social functioning
- victim awareness and empathy and
- safety and self-management planning.
Offenders are assessed for suitability for this program after sentencing and an individual plan is developed.
This plan is monitored by case managers.