We contribute to public safety through the safe, secure and humane management of offenders and the provision of opportunities for rehabilitation and reintegration
Mission and vision
Our mission statement determines our direction and focuses our future goals. It aligns with our strategy plans, current projects and underpins our research.
We contribute to public safety through the safe, secure and humane management of offenders and the provision of opportunities for rehabilitation and reintegration.
A safer community by protecting the public and reducing reoffending.
The department recognises the vital contribution that stakeholders play in achieving our departmental outcomes.
We will continue to forge strong partnerships and work collaboratively with our stakeholders to achieve a safer community.
Our stakeholders include:
- the community
- the government
- the Parole Board and the courts and
- victims of crime
The department’s outcomes define the desired changes that will be achieved through the successful delivery of the key strategies.
Our work aligns with the following outcomes:
- improved public protection
- reduced reoffending
- improved opportunities for rehabilitation and reintegration
- maintaining secure, safe and humane environments
- skilled, professional and valued workforce
- workplace health and safety
- improved outcomes for Aboriginal offenders
- improved and targeted service delivery to female offenders and
- accountable and responsible leadership and administration.
The department's plans are also aligned with the South Australia’s Strategic Plan.
You can find out more details in our Strategic Plan and Strategic Plan Booklet.