10by20 – Reducing reoffending
We know that reoffending has substantial costs for our community. A reduction in reoffending means a safer community with fewer victims and less crime.
In August 2016, the State Government set a bold target to reduce the rate of reoffending by 10% by 2020. Following by a review of the State’s correctional system by an independent Panel, the State is now driving a fundamental shift in corrections policy.
The State Government’s Response and Action Plan provides a blueprint for achieving the reoffending reduction target. The State has accepted all six themes and 36 recommendations put forward by the Panel and outlines an over $40 million investment in reducing reoffending.
The Department for Correctional Services is committed to the target and is responsible for leading the delivery of the action plan and for monitoring progress on the strategy,
- Download: 10 by 20 - A3 Brochure.pdf (587.1 KB PDF)
- Download: 10 by 20 Strategic Policy Panel Report.pdf (4.7 MB PDF)
- Download: 10by20 Response and Action Plan.pdf (1.6 MB PDF)
- Download: DCS 10 by 20 Brochure.pdf (427.8 KB PDF)
- Download: 10 by 20 Media Release.pdf (311.9 KB PDF)
- Download: 10by20 Progress Report January 2018 final (1.1 MB PDF)