Friday 19th of January 2018 is the inaugural National Corrections Day.
Corrections Day is an opportunity to recognise the tireless work and efforts of our frontline staff and those who work behind the scenes to reduce reoffending and to make the community safer.
Corrective Services NSW first held a ‘Corrections Day’ on Friday 19 January 2017. The day was such a success that the Corrective Services Administrators’ Council approved the establishment of an annual day.
DCS has over 2000 staff in a variety of roles including Correctional Officers, Community Corrections Officers, Aboriginal Liaison Officers, social workers, psychologists, and administration and project staff.
Spotlight on our staff
- Mike Reynolds – Director Security and Emergency Management
- Dr Tony Rogers – Mobilong, Adelaide Women’s Prison and Adelaide Pre-Release Centre volunteer
- Charlie Armstrong – Adelaide Pre-Release Centre Garden Supervisor
- Ian Bonner – Correctional Officer Port Lincoln Prison
- Pauline Randall – Correctional Officer Port Lincoln Prison
- Lindsay Dodd – Correctional Officer Port Lincoln Prison
- Carmen Bryan - Area Manager, North East and Gawler Community Correctional Centres
- Ben Van Der Heiden - Community Corrections Officer
- Jodie Hobart - Community Corrections Officer
- Bec Trigg - Social Worker - North East Community Corrections